This morning Canon has added a teaser page to its US website. Destined Evolution is the catch-phrase. A silhouette of a 5D-shaped camera body against a partially lit moon. Is Canon ‘eclipsing’ the competition? More to come on this once an official annoucement is made. But, in the meantime, here is a list of specification and features we hope it should have.
- Programmable Auto ISO
- Higher Resolution, more accurate LCD Screen
- Highlight and Shadow Recovery System (similar to Nikon’s Adaptive Dynamic Range), but only necessary for those who shoot in JPG
- Better ergonomics & button placement (not likely to happen)
- Easier way to set custom white balance parameters
- ISO capabilities to at least equal Nikon’s D3 and D700.
- I’m sure we’ll get more resolution. 16, or 17MP? But we all know its not necessary…